Monday, May 18, 2009

What I'm reading right now

Dance of the Dead, Thomas Perry


Danceofthe Dead
I was just introduced to this author and his books about Jane Whitefield, a guide who helps people in trouble disappear.  I just finished "Vanishing Act", which was great.  I'm a big mystery fan and always happy to have another series to read.

Pack up the Moon by Anna McPartlin


Packupthemoon
This book takes place in Ireland with a lot of humor and some sadness.

Red, Passion and Patience in the Desert, by Terry Tempest Williams


Red
This is an extraordinary book by an author recommended by the book I read about "The King's English" Bookstore.  It is part history lesson, part poem and part elegy to the desert, particularly Utah.  I hghly recommend.

I just finished Hungary Monkey by Matthew Amster Burton.


Hungrymonkey
I finished this book in less than two days, it was so funny.  It is about a home husband and Dad (restaurant reviewer), who attempts to teach his very young daughter how to love gourmet food, with limited success.



0 Comments: