Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last Night - Margot Stage

After work last night I rushed down HWY 495 from Lowell to the Indian Hill Music Center in time for an artist reception. The reception was for my friend Margot Stage,  who is showing a lot of her recent work in the theater space at the Music Center. 

I made it in time, thankfully, and the reception was great fun.  Margot and I used to members of the Lowell Fiber Studio.  The group shared a studio on the 5th floor of the main building at Western Avenue Studios in Lowell, MA.  A year and a half ago, I moved into my studio on the second floor of the "A" Mill.  Just recently, Margot moved into her own studio on the second floor of the main building.  Margot is a fiber artist and you can see more of her work on her website  One of my favorite pieces is on the home page of her website:

Margot
Her work revolves around flowing shapes in sand, sea and nests.  The piece shown on her home page is from a series called "Great Blue".  Bravo Margot!



0 Comments: