Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Day with Friends

Today I went on a jaunt with friends, 3 of whom are in my Quilting Crit group, Tina, Kate and Cathy. Tina invited a friend to join us, although Tina and her friend thought we were going someplace else.  This, of course, caused a brief stop at the side of the road between Bedford and Concord, MA until we figured that one out. 

We went to Quilters Way in West Concord, MA

Quilters_about_4
image from Quilters Way website

Of course, there wasn't any snow, actually it was 90 degrees.  I bought a book on making pincushions.

51jioHlR0sL._SL500_AA240_
image from Amazon.com

Next we drove to Nancy's Airfield Cafe in Stow, MA.  I had to soup of the day, creamy mexican flavored soup with corn and beans.  I also had the Ploughman's Lunch - A hunk of bread, Vermont Cheddar, Wild Blueberry Chutney and a small garden salad.  Yum Yum.

Then we drove down the road to The Quilted Crow where I found crushed walnut shells for the innards of pin cushions.  I can't wait to start making them.

Then we went back to Bedford to have ice cream at the Bedford Creamery.

A very nice day.



0 Comments: