Sunday, January 15, 2006

Day Fifteen



Oops, this should have been 15 not 16. On Sunday I was at work with no customers so I worked on the indian pattern square quilt. I added some acrylic painted sections, embroidery, and beads.

The first photo is a detail of the top left.

I was asked the techniques used for this quilt, so far I:
1. Over-dyed an old linen damask napkin
2. Drew the pattern on with washable fabric marker
3. Backed the fabric with black quilt batting
4. Sewed all those lines with black thread
5. Colored the many of the areas with shiva paint sticks
6. Created dimensional squares with xpandaprint.
7. Painted and stenciled several areas with acrylic paint
8. Embroidered around some of the painted areas
9. Beaded
more to come...



1 Comment:

Doe Grozs Art said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors/design. This is making me want to try playing with fabric. Just beautiful.
Doreen