Thursday, July 2, 2009

What I'm reading

Before talking about the books I am reading now, I'd like to mention a book I just finished - "A Pearl in the Storm".

A Pearl in the Storm
This book is about Tori Murden Mcclure who was the first woman to row across the Atlantic ocean.  It is a real page turner as she is tossed about on the ocean on her first try.  She finally made it on her second try.  This is a great book and I highly reccommend it.

Right now I'm reading "Marked" the first in the series about Night School, the vampire finishing school in Tulsa Oklahome.
Marked
I'm really enjoying it and have ordered the next 3 in the series, used from Amazon.  It's kinda young adult, but there are definately some racy and erotic parts to it, so fun for adults too.

I'm also reading "The Jungle Effect: A Doctor Discovers the Healthiest Diets from Around the World--Why They Work and How to Bring Them Home

Jungle effect
As indicated by the subtitle, it is about changing how one eats and
protecting yourself from disease by following the diets of areas of the
world where the residents are actually free of those diseases.  It has
been interesting reading and seems like it might work.  I'll let you
know.



0 Comments: