Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Monday

Today is Monday, Patriots Day in Massachusetts.  The marathon was run and the Red Sox game started at 11:00am.  I spent some time at my studio in Lowell in the morning and met with a potential web client.

I'm reading:

Pack of Cards, short stories by Penelope Lively  I love her writing style, wit and detailed characterization.  I have read many of her books.  This is the first time reading her short stories, which are great for reading in bed at night. My favorite book of hers is The Photograph

My current "restaurant" book is The Kings English which is about a book store in Utah.  It is an excellent book with reading lists at the end of every chapter.  I'm set up for years if I use those lists.  By the way, "restaurant" books are those that I keep in the car so that I have reading material should I go out to eat or have to wait for something.

The magazine I just go finished looking at was Living etc.  Good pictures, inspiring stuff.

Hope you had a good Monday.



2 Comments:

Caitlin Donohue said...

Thanks for the book suggestions! I've already added them to my Amazon wishlist! What's a restaurant book? -Caitlin

Jacqueline said...

Oh my these books look really interesting..thank you for sharing this..is always so much fun to find new books to read! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!